#1 in Sleep Product Research
Unbiased and Independent
Millions Served Since 2008
Based on Data From 16,722 Actual Mattress Owners
1. Owner Satisfaction. Innerspring mattresses tend to have significantly lower owner satisfaction than other bed types. This is mainly because innerspring mattresses overall tend to have more (and more serious) disadvantages than other types. See mattress type comparison for details.
2. Price. Low- and mid-priced mattresses overall have owner satisfaction that is similar to high-priced beds. In other words, you likely do not need to spend a lot to get a competitive mattress. See the mattress price comparison for analysis.
3. Pain Relief. Which type of bed is most effective at relieving pain – including back, hip, and shoulder pain? See mattresses and pain for a full report.
4. Warranties. Many people are unaware of key aspects of mattress warranties or do not understand them. See mattress warranties: what you should know for an explanation of this important topic.
5. Pillow Tops. Are pillow top mattresses more or less likely to have good durability / longevity? See the truth about pillow top mattresses.
6. Buying Online. Many popular beds today are available only online. Is there an increased risk of being dissatisfied if you buy online? See buying a mattress online: what you should know.
7. Returning a Mattress. Many mattress owners realize too late that returning a bed is not as easy as they think it is. See returning a mattress: what you should know.
8. Tempur-Pedic vs Sleep Number. The popular Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number beds have similar owner satisfaction but have very different pros and cons. See Tempurpedic vs Sleep Number for a detailed comparison.
9. Memory Foam Vs Latex. These two mattress types have both important similarities and differences. See the memory foam / latex comparison based on actual owner experiences.
10. Mattresses and Sex. Which mattress types are best for romance? See the ratings and comparisons for this important issue.
11. Adjustable Beds. Do adjustable beds truly provide the health and comfort benefits they are touted for? See adjustable bed reviews, ratings for analysis.
12. Mattress Retailers. Mattress retailers can vary significantly in reputation, Better Business Bureau ratings, return policies, selection and more. See the mattress retailer comparison.
13. Mattresses and Big People. Read our mattress buyer's guide for heavier, larger people that is based on actual owner experiences.
Our mattress research is based on over 16,000 actual mattress consumer experiences.
About 70% of our collected consumer experience data was collected from hundreds of online discussion groups.
For several reasons, these groups tend to be the most reliable source for unbiased bed reviews.
The other 30% of our consumer experience data was collected from customer reviews of beds on retailer websites, product review websites and in-depth personal interviews.
Refer to our mattress research methodology for details.
IN THE NEWS: Sleep Like The Dead's research findings have appeared in such news publications as Barron's • Toronto Star • St. Louis Post-Dispatch • Edmonton Journal • Woman's World • The Consumerist • The Gazette • Ottawa Citizen
© 2007-2013 SLTD, Inc. • Copyright Violation Notice