#1 in Sleep Product Research
Unbiased and Independent
Millions Served Since 2008
Based on Data From 18,309 Actual Mattress Owners
1. Owner Satisfaction. Memory foam, air, and latex mattresses all have around 80% owner satisfaction, while innerspring mattresses overall have 63%. See the mattress type comparison for details.
2. Price. Low- and mid-priced mattresses overall have owner satisfaction that is similar to that of high-priced beds. In other words, you likely do not need to spend a lot to get a competitive mattress. See the mattress price comparison for analysis.
3. Pain Relief. Which bed type is most effective at relieving pain – including back, hip, and shoulder pain? See mattresses and pain for a full report.
4. Warranties. Many people are unaware of key aspects of mattress warranties or do not understand them. See mattress warranties: what you should know for an explanation of this important topic.
5. Buying Online. Many popular beds are available only or mostly online. Is there an increased risk of being dissatisfied from buying online? See buying a mattress online: what you should know.
6. Returning a Mattress. Many mattress owners realize too late that returning a bed is not as simple or inexpensive as they think. See returning a mattress: what you should know.
7. Tempur-Pedic vs Sleep Number. The popular Tempur-Pedic and Sleep Number beds have similar owner satisfaction rates but very different pros and cons. See Tempur-Pedic vs Sleep Number for a detailed comparison.
8. Memory Foam vs Latex. These two mattress types have important similarities and differences. See the memory foam / latex comparison based on actual owner experiences.
9. Mattresses and Sex. Which mattress types are best for romance? See the ratings and comparisons.
10. Adjustable Beds. Do adjustable beds truly provide the health and comfort benefits they are touted for? See adjustable bed reviews for analysis.
11. Mattress Retailers. Mattress retailers can vary significantly in reputation, Better Business Bureau ratings, return policies, selection and more. See the mattress retailer comparison.
12. Mattresses and Big People. Read our mattress buyer's guide for heavier, larger people based on actual owner experiences.
Our mattress research is based on over 18,000 actual mattress consumer experiences.
About 70% of our collected consumer experience data was collected from hundreds of online discussion groups.
For several reasons, these groups tend to be the most reliable source for unbiased bed reviews.
The other 30% of our consumer experience data was collected from customer reviews of beds on retailer websites, product review websites and in-depth personal interviews.
Refer to our mattress research methodology for details.
IN THE NEWS: Sleep Like The Dead's research findings have appeared in such news publications as Barron's • Toronto Star • St. Louis Post-Dispatch • Edmonton Journal • Woman's World • The Consumerist • The Gazette • Ottawa Citizen
© 2007-2013 SLTD, Inc. • Copyright Violation Notice